FIVE SUBJECTS FOR FREQUENT RECOLLECTION
(Handa mayam abhinhapaccavekkhanapatam bhanamase)
(Now let us recite the passage for Frequent Recollection:)
– I am of the nature to age (or decay)
– Jaram anatito
– I have not gone beyond ageing (or decay),
– I am of the nature to sicken,
– Byadhim anatito
– I have not gone beyond sickness.
– I am of the nature to die,
– Maranam anatito
– I have not gone beyond death.
– Sabbehi me piyehi manapehi nanabhavo vinabhavo
– All that is mine, beloved and pleasing will become otherwise, will become seperated (from me)
– I am the owner of my kamma,
– Heir to my kamma,
– Born of my kamma,
– Related to my kamma,
– Abide supported by my kamma,
– Kalyanam va papakam va
– Whatever kamma I shall do, for good or for evil
– Tassa dayado bhavissami
– Of that I will be the heir.
– Evam amhehi abhinam paccavekkhitabbam
– Thus we should frequently recollect.